Uzbekistan and return match secured’, Hwang Seon-hongho, Lee Kang-in and Jung Woo-young also save 4-legs

While sparing Lee Kang-in and Jung Woo-young, he created the scenario he wanted most. Hwang Sun-hong has boarded a comfortable quarterfinal train.

Hwang Sun-hong’s South Korean men’s soccer team defeated China 2-0 in the men’s soccer quarterfinals of the Hangzhou 2022 Asian Games on Monday (Feb. 1) at the Huanglong Sports Center Stadium in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, China, thanks to a stunning free-kick goal from Hong Hyun-seok and a brace from Song Min-gyu.

They will face Uzbekistan in the quarterfinals. Earlier in the day, Saudi Arabia booked their place in the quarterfinals with a 2-1 win over Uzbekistan, and Korea’s victory set up the first meeting between the two countries in five years.무지개토토

They will face Uzbekistan at 8 p.m. on Nov. 4 at the same venue for a spot in the final. Uzbekistan will meet Korea in the final for the first time in 29 years since the 1994 Hiroshima Games.

Uzbekistan last met South Korea in the quarterfinals five years ago in an extra-time thriller, with Hwang Eui-jo scoring a hat-trick and Hwang Hee-chan a penalty kick winner in stoppage time. The players who took part in the match agreed that the game against Uzbekistan was the toughest they had ever played.

■ First half: Hong Hyun-seok scores a fantastic free kick, Song Min-kyu adds a second! Home advantage was not a problem for the ‘50,000-cheap troops’

South Korean soccer has traditionally been very strong against China. Even if we limit ourselves to the U-23 national team, we’ve played them 17 times, winning 12, drawing three and losing two.

But there were concerns. The day before, in the quarterfinals of the women’s soccer tournament against North Korea, I cried after an unacceptable call. Despite their rough play, the referee’s whistle was strictly for us, and we were outnumbered and outplayed in a 1-1 tie, eventually losing 1-4. Ji So-yeon made an unusually vigorous protest.

Lee Kang-in, the core of the defense, and Jung Woo-young, who scored five goals, started the game from the bench. Coach Hwang Sun-hong lined up Ahn Jae-joon up front, Cho Young-wook and Song Min-gyu on the flanks, Go Young-joon, Hong Hyun-seok, and Baek Seung-ho in the midfield, and Hwang Jae-won, Lee Han-beom, Park Jin-seop, and Park Kyu-hyun in the back four. Lee Kwang-yeon wore the goalkeeping gloves.

Contrary to early concerns in the first half, there were no major problems with the referee’s calls. In the ninth minute, Baek Seung-ho responded to a corner kick with a short pass and sent in a sharp cross that was unfortunately blocked.

Go Young-jun started to create some threats in the 10th minute when he broke down the left flank and sent in a sharp cross with the outside of his right foot.

South Korea’s players celebrate after scoring a goal.

The 50,000-strong crowd chanted “chayo” whenever China gained the slightest bit of offensive momentum, but the Koreans were unfazed.

Constantly looking for chances, South Korea earned a free kick in the 16th minute just outside the right side of the penalty box. Hong Hyun-seok and Baek Seung-ho lined up side by side, and the ball left Hong’s foot and took a picturesque trajectory into the right side of the goal.

In the 21st minute, Ahn Jae-joon’s ball from the right was met with a precise header by Hwang Jae-won, who joined the attack. It was saved by the opposing goalkeeper, but aside from the free-kick goal, it was the most threatening moment.

The second goal came in the 34th minute. Cho Young-wook’s cross from the right flank was poorly cleared by the Chinese goalkeeper and Song Min-gyu slotted it home for a 2-0 lead.

Hwang Sun-hong made no changes in the second half. This was to save Lee Kang-in, Jung Woo-young, and Uhm Won-sang for the quarterfinals against Uzbekistan, a much tougher opponent than China. With injury concerns, there was no reason to play key players.

Six minutes into the second half, a dizzying situation arose. After the ball was already out of play in a contested situation, Huh Fong violently hit Ko Young-joon’s foot from behind. He went down for a while and couldn’t get up. Luckily, it wasn’t a serious injury.

In the 17th minute of the second half, Korea won a free kick in a good position. China committed a foul with a rough tackle. Lee Kang-in, Jung Woo-young, and Uhm Won-sang came on. Go Young-joon, Ahn Jae-joon, and Song Min-gyu were out. Hong Hyun-seok, who scored the goal in the first half, was the kicker again. Once again, his sharp kick flew into the goal, but the opponent’s goalkeeper made the save.

Lee Kang-in took the corner kick. The kick flew in with a sharp trajectory. Lee Kang-in started the game by adjusting his kicking sense. Uhm Won-sang also showed her presence. In the 10th minute of the second half, she broke down the right flank with her speed and created a crucial chance in the box. However, he missed two shots on goal.

Perhaps sensing defeat, China’s “Shaolin Soccer” began. A Chinese player who was competing with Park Gyu-hyun flicked his foot and even swung his foot as if to hit Park Gyu-hyun.

In the 30th minute of the second half, Hong Hyun-seok was removed and Jung Ho-yeon was introduced. It was clear that he wanted to give Hong Hyun-seok a rest after his flawless performance.

In the 40th minute, Park Kyu-hyun went down with pain in his leg. He was carried off on a stretcher, and Seol Young-woo, who had been preparing on the bench, came on immediately. Hwang Jae-won moved to the left and Seol Young-woo to the right.

South Korea continued to play without much pressure. China tried to attack impatiently, but their attempts were unsuccessful, and they pressured the Korean players with rough play, but the players skillfully avoided it and ended the game on a high note.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *